Issues with Mountain Lion and Coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tuwood, Jul 30, 2012.

1. KariSK

KariSK Junior Member

I must say I am not noticing the issue any more, but then I had a total disaster when Windows 7 updated itself and completely messed up coherence mode, and now (despite an hour's telephone help from Parallels Support) coherence mode no longer works, so I am having to run the virtual machine in a separate window and the issue no longer affects me. The only way for me to get coherence mode back now will apparently be to do a clean install of Windows 7.

Regarding the issues with windows not coming to the front in coherence mode, Parallels Support told me they are working on it. It would be good to get some kind of feedback as to when this will be fixed.

2. JMeldrum

JMeldrum Bit poster

I have the same or similar issue with Parallels 8 coherence mode running Windows 7 on mountain lion: - typically windows come to the front when selected but the keyboard mouse fails to see the active window with keyboard or mouse actions instead influencing only the background window.

I've opted for a 30 day free trial with VMWare Fusion BUT interestingly and somewhat frustrating I have a very similar issue with the vmware Coherance equivalent called Unity where Windows do not come to the fore, forcing me to minimise windows to reach them.

The Coherence issue has been outstanding ever since Mountain Lion was released months ago and as a paying customer I'm annoyed at lack of progress. My VMWare Fusion trial runs out in 2 weeks time. If it's not sorted in the next 2 weeks I intend to switch to the full Fusion product and pursue a refund from Parallels, as although Parallels scores over Fusion in almost every aspect, I can live with the Unity issue but not Coherence which is unusable.

Nothing like voting with your feet!

3. Eckert I

Eckert I Bit poster

I believe I am also experiencing the same issues discussed in this thread. In Crystal Mode I also have a problem with the windows start menu not coming to the front. I have to hide all open windows to reach the start menu.

I took me awhile to figure out how to describe the problem to the google search engine.

I am running Parallels 8 hosting Windows 7 x64 on OS X 10.8.4 in Crystal Mode

4. JMeldrum

JMeldrum Bit poster

FIXED FOR ME :)

For me at least the issue I reported which appears same/similar to many in the thread has been resolved with the latest release Build 8.0.18608 (Revision 898384; July 17, 2013). No mention in the release notes.

Does this fix it for anyone else?

5. Eckert I

Eckert I Bit poster

No, the issue still exists. After reinstalling Parallels tools the issue is difficult to reproduce but I still have problems every now and then.

6. Smudge2

Smudge2 Member

Yea, still happening here too. Happens more often when using Office 2010 applications than other apps.
    Seeing that is has been over a year, I'm guessing that this won't ever be fixed.

With the improved Spaces and Full Screen abilities coming in OS X 10.9, I hope that Parallels Desktop is written properly to take advantage of these new features. If so, I'll be happy to switch to full screen mode for my Windows environment and assign it to a specific Space/Screen. Then I won't have to bother with the coherence issues.