Issues with one application on a 10zig 5672

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Spectre, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Spectre

Spectre Guest

Hello all,

Since there isn't a 10 zig forum I could find, I figure this is my next best bet.

My company is currently in the process of deploying their very first 2X system. We currently do not have anything comparable, not even Citrix.

We are a medical clinic that are testing out a 10zig 5672v unit with the 2X client already installed. I think the issue is a 10zig issue rather than 2X but we'll see.

Issue is: We have an Electronic Medical record system that we have published on a test server currently and have been testing it for about a month. Everything smooth and nice. Then we start getting the thin clients in to test with and the one I like so far is the 10zig, and the price makes our CFO happy so I want to get it working. The application launches and works fine, then when you go to create a prescription a different application launches to view the pre-printed view (if they are printing and not faxing, or e-transmitting). The instant this viewer opens, the session disconnects. The application does not close, it just disconnects. If you launch the app again it goes back to right where you left off with the print viewer open and ready to print.

I have tried other clients, Windows, Mac, Android and Ipad, and the 2X Thin OS, they all work perfect. No hiccups what so ever. I don't care what it takes to get it working, either a fix on the 2X server, or some client setting, but I would like to get it working.

Any help anyone can see would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Rob

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

if you try to launch the app via RDP directly instead through the 2X client do you get the same behaviour?

could it be that the app is not strictly terminal server aware?

3. Spectre

Spectre Guest

RDP it works just fine, as does the 2X client for every thing else in that application. Discovered a few more issues with some another mission critical application, so the thin client idea is nixed. Oh well. Back to PCs, but still keeping everything else on 2X.