Issues with Parallels 14 installation on OS X 10.10.5

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ArtC, Aug 23, 2018.

1. ArtC

ArtC Bit poster

Hi, I currently run Desktop for Mac 13.3.2 on OS X 10.10.5, with no issues. When I try to install version 14 I get the following message:
    "Parallels Desktop cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the operating system of your Mac."
    I have already tried reinstalling my OS. BTW, I use several older applications that I cannot replace, which I why I am not running the latest OS on this computer (2012 MacBook Pro 16GB/1T SSD).

2. MikeW13

MikeW13 Bit poster

Best Answer
    It appears that Parallels 14 does not support 10.10. According to the FAQ the supported OS's are:
    Mac Software:
    • macOS Mojave 10.14
    • macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or later
    • macOS Sierra 10.12.6 or later
    • OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 or later
    I would think you would continue to run Parallels 13 until you upgrade your host OS. If you have Apps that require 10.10, then you might consider running them in a VM. As it is I don't believe even Apple is supporting 10.10 from a security perspective any longer so it would probably be a good idea to move in this direction

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. Robbied1

Robbied1 Bit poster

How do you do this? I am getting the same message now and can't get past it? HELP!

4. Hi, which version of Parallels Desktop and MacOs you are using?