Issues with Window Positioning in Parallels Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ShiraH, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ShiraH

ShiraH Bit poster

I am on a MacBook with OS X 10.11.5 ("El Capitan")
    I am using Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition, Version 11.2.1 (32626).

Looks like my issue is the same as the one posted here (with no responses on that thread), though my Parallels version is different.

When I extend my VM across all screens (laptop monitor + 2 external monitors), I am experiencing the following issues:
    1) I have to click twice to get ahold of it (and also have to be sure to pause long enough between clicks to not maximize it)
    2) When it hits the 2nd monitor it often loses its attachment to my mouse, and disappears underneath the other windows there.
    3) When I disconnect the PC from the monitors, and then plug it back in and indicate for it to spread the apps across 3 monitors again, it does not retain any memory from the last time it used the extended monitors - this means that I have to drag and drop windows a LOT, so that #1 and #2 are very inconvenient.
    4) Some windows open with their title bar off of the monitors, above the field of view, so that I have to use alt-arrow to get ahold of them.

Is there any remedy or workaround or external utility I can use to reduce or eliminate these issues?
    ------------

Followup:
    I upgraded to Parallels Desktop 12. On the bright side, the issue described above with dragging windows is fixed - I can drag a window onto the external monitor successfully. On the downside, I now have issues where it "shimmers" when I try to lock in the edge of a window to expand/contract it - doesn't go into the mode where it looks like I'll be able to drag the edge successfully. Most of the time though, if I just click and drag anyways, it does work, I just have to remember to ignore the cursor appearance. I still have the issue with windows opening off-screen.

Many thanks for your assistance!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016