Ivy Bridge and Windows 8

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by Dolceck, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dolceck

Dolceck Bit poster

Every time I try to install Windows 8 or Linux (pargolin precise, the earlier work) the installation immediately fails with an error that leads continuous reboots the virtual machine. I read around that same error happened with the Mac version of the software to users who own a new MacBook processor Ivy Bridge. Until I did upgrade my processor, everything worked out for the best, but now these two operating systems do not want it to install. I wanted to know when you upgrade the Windows version to support the new processors or if there is a way around the problem! I was a bit frustrated because you can not have anything to do with such a problem, the Ivy Bridge are not on the market recently and I really need to install windows 8 to test my applications! Please let me know something!

Attached Files:

2. markeaux

markeaux Bit poster

Same continuous reboot on Ivy Bridge HP Envy 17

I have the exact same continuous reboot issue on a HP Envy 17 3D 3200 series when trying to install any version of Win8 (host is Win7 64). However, I get a bit more text on the crash screen.
    For Win8 64 it says: System thread exception not handled ... then, it reboots.
    For Win8 32 it says: Unexpected kernel mode trap ... then, it reboots.

Looks like the Mac users got a fix 2 months ago.

Can we please also get a fix?

3. jennifer.rosas

jennifer.rosas Bit poster

I am also experiencing this issue. I have tried Consumer Preview (CD); Release Preview (ISO); & Win 8 Pro (CD)
    I have also attempted to convert a vmware win8-which converts-but the moment I boot into it, I receive the same errors.
    I am still unable to find a solution to this.

4. bytecave

bytecave Bit poster

Windows 8 Ivy Bridge Laptop - Reboot Loop

Add me to the list of those who are unable to use Windows 8 in Parallels Workstation. After install, when booting I get the same error/reboot as above, repeatedly. Tried with 32 and 64-bit. Same disk and procedure works fine on my Sandy Bridge laptop. Be glad to beta test a fix.