Java won't install on Windows 10 Parallels 10 for Mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by johnk7, Apr 21, 2016.

1. johnk7

johnk7 Bit poster

I am running Parallels 10 for Mac, and the Windows version is 10. I can not install Java. I open a browser window and go to Java.com and click through to download the latest Java version. It downloads and then gives me a pop up window to "install". I click "install" and the window just disappears and nothing else happens. There is no evidence that the .exe file is executing, and I never get the end message "congratulations, Java installed successfully". I also can't find Java in the applications folder under Control Panel > Programs and Features. Can anyone help?? Thanks.

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi johnk7, Before installing Java in your Windows 10, please follow the steps below:
    1. Run SFC in your Windows.
    2. Disable any anti-virus if installed.
    3. Restart Windows and try installing Java.

3. WatchmeC

WatchmeC Bit poster

Hi Arunn,
    My issue is similar but this solution did not work. I am surprised that no one else has encountered this issue. I am installing an application and get Java Virtual Machine error. When I try to install Java from java.com, it does not install. The help forums indicate trying to Set Compatibility Mode to Win 7 and Run as Administrator. There is also recommendations to set a user variable and a system variable. None of these work we get the message: Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. I even followed the steps above. SFC did not find any issues. This is a clean install of Parallels with Windows 10 and I am still getting the error. The only anti-virus is the Windows Security. I have disabled absolutely everything in Windows Security that there is to disable and I am still getting the when installing Java or Java SDK Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. This issue also occurs when running any install Anywhere application that requires Java. But I definitely do not have Java installed...so I am starting there. How do you install Java?
    Thanks,
    No Fun With Java

4. Hello, what is your Parallels Desktop version?

5. WatchmeC

WatchmeC Bit poster

The latest and greatest. 16.1.2

6. Do you have any specific error message?

7. mattcarter

mattcarter Bit poster

Have you just installed Parallels Desktop for Mac and need to set up your first virtual machine? Odds are you're looking for the latest version of Windows, right? Here are the instructions on how to install Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac... Visit this link to find out all the details - https://www.parallels.com/blogs/install-windows-10-on-parallels-desktop-11/