This is a problem I´ve been having for a while now regardless of the Parallels build I´m using and I couldn´t find anything similar in the forums.
I´m using four spaces and asigned Parallels to open in space 4. Now when I click on the parallels icon and I happen to be in a space other than space 4, I´m automatically taken to space 4 where I can see the Parallels window with the available guest OS but it immediately goes back to the space I was even before I can select a virtual machine. I then have to click on the Parallels icon in the dock to see the Parallels window again in space 4 and to stay there. Then when I select the guest OS it first switches back to the previous space and again back to space 4. Thereby my click on the guest OS SOMETIMES does but most of the times doesn´t have any effect at all. This goes on as long as I don´t manually switch to space 4.
So basically, as long as I´m not starting Parallels Desktop right in the space it´s asigned to run it goes back and forth between spaces with every selection I make in the Parallels window.
I find this very weird, but even more weird is the fact that obviuosly I´m the only one with this problem.
I´m running Parallels Desktop build 5604. BUt as I said, I had this problems with other builds as well. On my Mac Parallels is the only app that shows this kind of behaviour.
I´m using four spaces and asigned Parallels to open in space 4. Now when I click on the parallels icon and I happen to be in a space other than space 4, I´m automatically taken to space 4 where I can see the Parallels window with the available guest OS but it immediately goes back to the space I was even before I can select a virtual machine. I then have to click on the Parallels icon in the dock to see the Parallels window again in space 4 and to stay there. Then when I select the guest OS it first switches back to the previous space and again back to space 4. Thereby my click on the guest OS SOMETIMES does but most of the times doesn´t have any effect at all. This goes on as long as I don´t manually switch to space 4.
So basically, as long as I´m not starting Parallels Desktop right in the space it´s asigned to run it goes back and forth between spaces with every selection I make in the Parallels window.
I find this very weird, but even more weird is the fact that obviuosly I´m the only one with this problem.
I´m running Parallels Desktop build 5604. BUt as I said, I had this problems with other builds as well. On my Mac Parallels is the only app that shows this kind of behaviour.