Hi, I just purchased 3.0 upgrade from parallels. Did the credit card thing and got an email with links to download 3.0 and an upgrade serial.
Did the download, and the filename says:
Parallels-Desktop-4128-Mac-en.dmg
Did an install, it prompted me with an upgrade button, went through the upgrade and then ran the application. It looked exactly the same as 2.5. So I thought, ok maybe it installed the upgrade into a different directory. Renamed the current directory, reinstalled from the "3.0" installer and ran it, and again it looked like 2.5. So I did a get info on the application and sure enough, it says version 2.5. Also it never asked for activation, and was still showing my original information.
So I had just downloaded the 2.5 updater before paying for 3.0, and had that image, so I mounted the 2.5 updater:
Parallels-Desktop-3214-Mac-en-ND.dmg
And then ran the uninstaller, after backing up my VM folder from library->parallels, and it said it uninstalled, it did remove the parallels folder, and so I started again running the 3.0 installer.
Did a get info on the "new" parallels application in the "new" parallels folder, and it says 2.5!!!
Tried customer support telephone... "You are in line for customer support, there are 6 callers in front of you..." or something simliar.... ok, not too bad... 5 min later, "You are in line for customer support, there are 6 callers in front of you..." ... 10 min later ...*CLICK* *BUSY SIGNAL*....
Call back... try sales, "you are in line.... 2 callers" ... 10 min later ... "you are in line .... 2 callers..." ugh, have to attend to other things, hang up... call again, try customer support "you are in line, 8 callers in front"
5 min goes by "you are in line... 8 callers, estimated wait time 60 minutes"
Anyone have any idea why a 3.0 installer would install 2.5? TIA.
Regards,
robotix
Did the download, and the filename says:
Parallels-Desktop-4128-Mac-en.dmg
Did an install, it prompted me with an upgrade button, went through the upgrade and then ran the application. It looked exactly the same as 2.5. So I thought, ok maybe it installed the upgrade into a different directory. Renamed the current directory, reinstalled from the "3.0" installer and ran it, and again it looked like 2.5. So I did a get info on the application and sure enough, it says version 2.5. Also it never asked for activation, and was still showing my original information.
So I had just downloaded the 2.5 updater before paying for 3.0, and had that image, so I mounted the 2.5 updater:
Parallels-Desktop-3214-Mac-en-ND.dmg
And then ran the uninstaller, after backing up my VM folder from library->parallels, and it said it uninstalled, it did remove the parallels folder, and so I started again running the 3.0 installer.
Did a get info on the "new" parallels application in the "new" parallels folder, and it says 2.5!!!
Tried customer support telephone... "You are in line for customer support, there are 6 callers in front of you..." or something simliar.... ok, not too bad... 5 min later, "You are in line for customer support, there are 6 callers in front of you..." ... 10 min later ...*CLICK* *BUSY SIGNAL*....
Call back... try sales, "you are in line.... 2 callers" ... 10 min later ... "you are in line .... 2 callers..." ugh, have to attend to other things, hang up... call again, try customer support "you are in line, 8 callers in front"
Anyone have any idea why a 3.0 installer would install 2.5? TIA.
Regards,
robotix