Just upgraded to Parallels 13, have Windows 7, now all of a sudden i have no internet,

AnitaG

Bit poster
I tried everything, support even gave me a support code, doesn't give me a link to go to help me, just forum and knowledgebase. Am ready to get my money back.
All of a sudden, after installing the upgrade to parallels 13, i have no internet connection. Surely, you would think the sharing the internet connection with my mac side would work! All kinds of readings available, no help.
Am very disappointed.
 
Hi,
please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Desktop menu "Help"->"Send technical data", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.
 
Hi,
please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Desktop menu "Help"->"Send technical data", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.
Hi,
please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Desktop menu "Help"->"Send technical data", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

Hi,
please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Desktop menu "Help"->"Send technical data", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.
Th
 
Thank you so very much, Eric, and I apologize about accidentally somehow posting your message 3 times just now. I was able to get the internet going, shared networking was already set. But I found out that I may have had a problem between two antivirus programs running together. Not totally sure, but at least it's working. The problem may have been on my side, so I apologize for getting annoyed at Parallels. Thanks so much for your help. Anita
 
Hi Elric - I'm having the same problem, and it occurred around the same time. I just did what you suggested AnitaG do. My technical report number was 234831078. Any chance you could take a look?
 
Hi TimC8, I got your report on my email, so I hope U were able to get the internet working again with Eric's help. I can only tell you that I really had a problem when I had 2 antivirus programs working at once. It's always good to try to delete something safely if we think it might be a problem. And then reinstall it. Also, sometimes anti-malware programs or not allowing something thru the firewall may cause trouble. I often had to open the firewall and then close it again later.
I really hope Eric or someone can help you, i know how frustrating this is. Anita
 
Hi Elric - I'm having the same problem, and it occurred around the same time. I just did what you suggested AnitaG do. My technical report number was 234831078. Any chance you could take a look?
Hi,
I see that
1) For some reason the DHCP for Shared Networking is disabled in youu configuration. Please go to the Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Network and press "Restore Defaults" button. Please let me know if you don't have this button.

2) I see that you used Bridged networking before. This mode of networking works only in limited number of network environments. Likely some reconfiguration of your network have made it impossible to use.
 
Back
Top