Just upgraded to Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GreenLantern, Oct 1, 2015.

1. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Junior Member

Greetings, Yesterday I downloaded Parallels 11. The install went very smoothly and soon I was upgrading to Windows 10. It all went nicely using the tools and instructions provided by the folks at Parallels. I guess you get what you pay for. Anyway, I was wondering: If I would ever want to reinstall Windows 10 again on a Parallels VM or on a PC how would I go about doing that? I have no media. I was never required to enter a key, I have no clue as to what process was used by Windows to ascertain that I had a licensed version of Windows 8.1. I have heard that it IS possible to reinstall later but I would appreciate a link to the exact procedure. I think others would be interested as well. Thanks. GL

2. Hi, in order to reinstall Parallels Desktop 11 you can use the following articles:
    1. How to uninstall Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac
    2. How to install or upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11
    Also if you would like to reinstall Windows 10 you can use any of Microsoft KB, for example this one
    Except for that if you have any additional questions please let us know!

3. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Junior Member

Greetings Maria, thanks for the data. I looked at the links, read them too, and I have to confess I don't entirely see the connection. Obviously I am missing some data here. Are you saying that it's simply possible to repeat the upgrade process steps at a later time and that the Windows installer will recognize the VM as being already registered? If that is what you are saying, how about this scenario: I lose everything and reinstall my Mac. I reinstall Parallels 11 and now want to install Windows 10. Will that work using the steps in step 2. above? Thanks, GL