Kali Linux doesn't boot after MacOS Sierra install.

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Peri, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Peri

Peri Bit poster

Hi,
    I was using El Capitan on my mac and I had recently installed Kali linux in Parallels Desktop 11 as I was about to start an online course.
    However after I installed MacOS Sierra on my mac the virtual machine doesn't boot.
    There is a message on top of the VM window with an exclamation point saying that "Parallel tools are out of date". When I click on it and select "Update Parallel Tools" nothing is happening.

There are also some blue dots blinking under the icons of CD/DVD, Network Adapter and Hard Disk.
    When I click on the gear icon the memory allocation slot is grayed out and prompts me to shut down virtual machine in order to do changes. The problem is that Kali Linux is stuck on a black screen and I can't shut it down but only suspend it.

Can you please assist me resolving this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Hey, please try this steps
    Let us know how it works.

3. pickerin

pickerin Bit poster

This is happening to me as well.

I'm able to get a command-line at the black screen by typing: CNTL-FN-SHIFT-2 (CNTL-SHIFT-F2)
    That will break out of the broken X-server and give you a CLI login. From there you can try to install Parallel Tools (though it's failing for me).