Kali update causes VM fail

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by RichardP5, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RichardP5

RichardP5 Bit poster

I am running a kali guest with Parallels Desktop Pro 13 on a MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.4. Everything has been working very well for more than a year. However, when I attempted to update Kali a couple of days ago, the VM will no longer load. I get to the kali boot screen then nothing. I can revert to a snapshot I made on March 29 and everything works fine again but updating breaks it. Any suggestions?

ClaudioQ1 likes this.
  2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RichardP5 , please let us know the build of the Kali virtual machine you have installed.

3. MuratA1

MuratA1 Bit poster

The latest dist-upgrade installs the 4.15 kernel which is still incompatible with parallels tools (A few weeks passed). If parallels continues to ignore this bug i'll cancel my renew :mad:

4. kevinu1

kevinu1 Bit poster

I'm done with parallels, already installed fusion

5. MuratA1

MuratA1 Bit poster

I gave up too. Yesterday i cancelled the auto renew and i do not think that I will use again before expiration. I've also started to transfer my operating systems to another platform.
    Unfortunately, they do not care their clients.

6. KimS4

KimS4 Bit poster

I agree. I have been a loyal customer for 5+ years now and it is becoming impossible for to use Parallels in my work. Not worth the money. For example I also had this issue with kali update causes VM to fail. In addition to that, there is no tools for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS either. Virtualbox is free and it works!