keyboard mapping with Mac Pro to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by mskelton, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mskelton

mskelton Bit poster

I have a Macbook Pro Laptop with a full keyboard with the number pad and a trackpad. I am using the 2X Client Lite with a RDP Connection. The RDP setup does not have any keyboard mapping like Windows has on their remote desktop session. I am trying to use the insert function in Windows 7 but it will not work. I have tried fn+return, fn+return+shift, fn+M and none of these work. I have also downloaded double command and there is not anything for the "insert" function.

Does anyone have or know of a way to insert using a mac in a Windows 7 environment? :?: :?:

2. jpc

jpc Pro

On a Mac OS, the insert key is mapped to the "help key" and is captured by the system a very low-level (it is a system key).

While I don't think that support for such low-level key capturing is present in the 2X Client yet, the "2X Client Lite" is not supported any more as it was a limited interim version of the "2X Client RDP". The full client is now available on the Mac App Store. You should upgrade to the improved version to get future updates.

3. mskelton

mskelton Bit poster

I will look at getting the full client, but the help key did not work for me. Thanks. Any other ideas?