Keyboard Mappings not working also on MacOS X 10.6.8 with Windows XP SP3 Guest OS
I haven’t upgraded to Lion, I’m still on 10.6.8, and the shared keyboard mappings are also not working for me.
I uninstalled, and reinstalled Parallels Tools multiple times, and this fixes the problem for a short time, but the problem *keeps* coming back.
I was using “Virtual Machine -> Suspend“ on my Windows XP SP3 system, and it seemed that every time I resumed, the shared keyboard mappings were gone. I had to uninstall the Parallels Tools and reinstall them again for the shared keyboard mappings to come back.
Unfortunately the next time I suspended and resumed XP, the shared keyboard mappings were again gone.
After going through this several times, I decided to try shutting down XP rather than suspending it. That worked for one day, but then the next day, today, the shared keyboard mappings were _once_again_ gone.
Based on all this, I suspect the problem is not necessarily tied to Lion.
This has gotten *very* annoying. Is there any information I can gather that will help the Parallels team solve this?
I’m running Parallels 6 - Build 6.0.12094.
Windows XP SP3
Memory: 1G
Virtual CPUs: 2
My Mac -
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.28f3
Serial Number (system): W88110TR1SG
Hardware UUID: 3B921445-CB16-5F33-BBC4-3F770E889335
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
System Software Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K540)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: -------------------------
User Name: ---------------------
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 2 days 10:50
James T. Savidge, Wednesday, August 3, 2011