Keystroke combinations not going through to MS Excel (**NEED HELP PLEASE*** No one answering.Thx!)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Positiveguy1960, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Positiveguy1960

Positiveguy1960 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am trying to perform some keystroke combinations in MS Excel to perform a couple functions but the keystroke combinations do not appear to be going to Excel. I am using the Parallels command 'Devices' and then I click the keystroke combination I am try to send to Excel. But the function in Excel does NOT then occur so I can only assume the keystrokes are not being received by Excel.

I was given a kb article https://kb.parallels.com/116171 and I made sure I made sure that the settings here were followed which basically allows the keystroke combinations to go through to windows. I believe at least some of the key combinations are going to windows but I think they are not going through to Excel from Parallels. (Most current version.) This KB did NOT SOLVE THE problem.

The two functions I am trying to use in excel are-
    1. Entering an ARRAY formula which entails the user to hit CTL SHIFT and ENTER keys all at the same time. This works sporadically but most of the time it does not work all. I can't discern what the pattern is of when it does work versus when it does not work.

2. When I have an Excel VBA program running sometimes you want to stop execution of the program and you do this via the key combination of CTL and BREAK. This is where I went through the DEVICES and tried to issue the key combination through what I presume is the Parallels Desktop but the key combination is NOT in fact stopping the execution of the VBA code.

Somewhat related I have noticed that in order to get many upper case key functions to work like (again in EXCEL) % , &, * or CAPS I have to hit both the SHIFT keys and then these upper case key functions do work, and that is not a problem despite it being inconvenient. I should add though that even the upper case keystroke functions sometimes works without hitting both the SHIFT keys - it will sometimes work with just one SHIFT key like normal but this is the minority of the time. I can't figure out what the pattern is on when it will versus won't work. Again this is only when using EXCEL so this might be a clue to what is causing the issues in #1 and #2 I mention above.

Thank you,
    C. Shannon