Latest Parallels 6 SLOWs Lion

middlesteve

Bit poster
Did anyone else experience an extreme overall system slowdown when they upgraded to Mac OS X to Lion, having previously upgraded Parallels to Build 6.0.12106?

My Mac slows to a crawl once I start up a Windows 7 virtual machine using Parallels, it can take minutes just to switch between Mac native apps while Windows 7 is starting up. It isn't much faster once Windows fully loads. I have 2 G out of 4 G dedicated to the virtual machine.

I never had this issue under Mac OS X 10.6, and in fact both machines (real and virtual) ran quite fast. I was able to run multiple apps like Excel, Eagle, Matlab in OS X even while running Solidworks in Windows.

Knowledge of any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

I basically cannot use Parallels in this state.

-Steven
 
Steven

Please try to leave Parallels with 1,5 GB - and 2.5 GB for Mac.

Lion requires more RAM as it includes a lot of RAM consuming features.
 
Please try to uninstall Parallels Tools and check the performance (the video and mouse will behave in a wrong way, but we are interested in performance speed) Uninstall Tools from Control Panel, Remove Programs.

Make a snapshot before just in case --> Virtual machine menu --> Take a Snapshot
 
I suggested to do it in order to find out if Tools affect performance or no. Install Tools back and generate the Problem Report (Help --> Report a Problem).

Post the Report ID here.
I also suggest you to submit the support request here: www.parallels.com/support/ so that tech team can investigate this case carefully
 
Back
Top