Latest update causing chaos for anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Chris von Rabenau, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Chris von Rabenau

Chris von Rabenau Member

I installed the latest update (now running 10.2.0 (28956) on Yosemite (10.10.2) ). Ever since, my VM has become extremely unstable. Symptoms are locked up Windows 7 where no input is recognized. Attempting to stop or reset VM results in spinning wheel with no resolution. If I force quit application, I get error message on reboot that the disk either cannot be found or is locked by another application. Only resolution to the problem is to reboot host machine. This seems to release the lock on the VM hd. I have tried killing Parallels services in Activity Monitor. I have noticed multiple instances of prl_pm_service and pro_naptd. Not sure if that is expected. I also do not see pro_vm_app. Not sure if that no longer exists in 10.2.

Anyone experiencing this?

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. Robert Grodevant

Robert Grodevant Bit poster

To answer the question in your subject: Yes. All sorts of chaos. My VMs crash, the stupid virtual machine list keeps popping up when I'm in the middle of doing something, and I have recently invented some choice new expletives for this company and this product. Been using it since version 4 or 5. Never had issues other than their upgrade offers are spammy and annoying. This particularly spammy and annoying offer to upgrade promised "better" support for Yosemite. Yeah ok.

Clean install of OS, parallels, and guest VM btw.

4. Robert Grodevant

Robert Grodevant Bit poster

(Downgrading to 10.9 and Parallels 9, so don't bother @Parallel_Scares. Last thing I want to do at the end of the day is triage yours and Apple's products.)