Latest update for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac won't complete

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VeeB, Dec 24, 2013.

1. VeeB

VeeB Junior Member

After an hour I'm still seeing a Parallels Desktop box in the center of my screen with the moving circle turning. When going to the Desktop and looking at "About Parallels Desktop" , it shows the latest build installed and a date of Dec 3, 2013. So, looks like it is finished.

I hate to abort it in case there is a problem. Might have to reboot the MacBook Pro in order to stop the installation program.

Don't see anything here related to this problem. Anyone else see this??

Thanks, VeeB

2. Gene_R

Gene_R Bit poster

Same problem - I started Parallels and was prompted to update to the latest version. I proceeded with the update, and got stuck on the spinning parallels icon on the screen. Suggestions?

3. VeeB

VeeB Junior Member

I shut down my MacBook Pro computer and then restarted it. The parallels desktop continued to load. I received a message asking if I wanted to reload the parallels tool kit. I said OK and it loaded. Then Windows 7 started and after a few Windows updates, windows was working fine. It has been a few days and Windows is still working. So, try this and see if it works for you. My MBP wouldn't shut down, so I had to power it down manually. It took a while to come up when I restarted it.

Hope thus helps.

4. byundt

byundt Bit poster

VeeB,
    Thanks for the suggestion to reboot the Mac. That worked for me with Parallels 9 Build 9.0.24217, though I did need to hold the power button down to force a reboot. I also needed to reboot Windows 7 to reload the Parallels Tool Kit as you had mentioned.

Brad