Latest Ventura Beta (and earlier ones) Won't Boot

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JohnW25, Oct 10, 2022.

1. JohnW25

JohnW25 Bit poster

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2026)
    Parallels 18.0.2
    Multiple Ventura betas, including the most recent one

I can't get a successful boot when launching Ventura as a guest. Once the progress bar begins to advance, it stops with a "your computer had to be restarted because of a problem". This will continuously happen until the VM is stopped.

2. JohnW25

JohnW25 Bit poster

The original post reflected the results of installing the Ventura betas as an upgrade to Monterrey. I tried installing a Ventura beta from an ISO and similar continuous reboots occur until the VM is stopped.

3. JohnW25

JohnW25 Bit poster

My Mac doesn't support Monterey as a Host OS. Mine is also Catalina limited, but won't even finish the boot screen with the Apple logo. Before purchasing Parallels 18 (subscription), I made sure my system met the requirements: Intel i5, Intel GPU, 16GB RAM, SSD, latest Catalina. I also made sure that macOS Ventura was supported in v. 18. The GPU driver is crap, but Parallels promises compatibility nonetheless.

That's wild that v. 17 will boot Ventura, but v. 18 won't!

Parallels: I called telephone support & it referred me to this forum. I posted here, but there's been zero response from Parallels after 3 full days. Again, I'm paying for support with a subscription!

upload_2022-10-13_18-28-10.png

upload_2022-10-13_18-29-9.png

4. JohnW25

JohnW25 Bit poster

Found out why telephone support didn't show up as an option: my key was registered under an Apple login vs. a regular email login (hence the different user name).