Hello everyone -
I'm posting this for anyone who may run into the same installation issues I found when working on a customer's new MacBook Pro.
We were attempting to install parallels 3 build 5160 with XP Professional SP2. Each time we attempted the install, the BSOD would appear directly following the copying of system drivers and setup files e.g. the screen would read "Starting Windows" before flipping and showing the BSOD before returning to the parallels virtual machine config screen.
Trying everything I could think of, restarting, reinstalling parallels, checking for build updates, back tracking to tiger, even exchanging the windows xp pro disc for a home edition (which I have been successful with before) yielded no different results.
Finally, I was able to get the installation finished off without a hitch (well, it's saving settings, so keep the fingers crossed!) by disabling acceleration as well as Intel VT under the edit virtual machine menu. I'll try re-enabling the acceleration following the install to verify it is just a setup problem, not full functionality issue.
Hopefully this is something you all have sorted out previously, but just incase you haven't - that's how I seemed to get past the issues!
Any feedback from the masses?
Kyle
I'm posting this for anyone who may run into the same installation issues I found when working on a customer's new MacBook Pro.
We were attempting to install parallels 3 build 5160 with XP Professional SP2. Each time we attempted the install, the BSOD would appear directly following the copying of system drivers and setup files e.g. the screen would read "Starting Windows" before flipping and showing the BSOD before returning to the parallels virtual machine config screen.
Trying everything I could think of, restarting, reinstalling parallels, checking for build updates, back tracking to tiger, even exchanging the windows xp pro disc for a home edition (which I have been successful with before) yielded no different results.
Finally, I was able to get the installation finished off without a hitch (well, it's saving settings, so keep the fingers crossed!) by disabling acceleration as well as Intel VT under the edit virtual machine menu. I'll try re-enabling the acceleration following the install to verify it is just a setup problem, not full functionality issue.
Hopefully this is something you all have sorted out previously, but just incase you haven't - that's how I seemed to get past the issues!
Any feedback from the masses?
Kyle