Curious if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem.
I just upgraded to Leopard and I am using a Sprint Wireless 595U AirCard (USB connection) which generally works very well. I am using 1.1.1 version of the software Sprint provided, called Sierra Wireless Watcher Lite to manage the wireless connection.
After the upgrade to Leopard when I only run Mac OS and not the Parallels v5160 WIN XP OS the aircard works consistently and without error. However, when I run the WIN XP SP2 virtual machine and I am communicating over the aircard the link occasionally drops after about 10 minutes of use. The actual time varies. When the link drops, in the past I would go back to the Mac OS and reconnect to the Sprint network. Now, when I go back and attempt to reconnect the Mac OS says that the modem has lost its connection. The only way I have found to reconnect is to reboot the Mac. So closing the VM doesn't seem to clear the problem.
The wireless card is running in the Mac OS, I have not allowed the WIN XP session to own the device
So I don't have 100% confidence that this is purely a Parallels issue but I am writing this thread while using the Sprint EVDO network and the connection is rock solid BUT the Parallels WIN XP session is not running. If the WIN XP session was running I probably would have lost the connection by now and would have to reboot the Mac OS to reconnect.
Running on a Macbook Pro Core Duo (32bit) w 10.5 Mac OS, 2G RAM (512MB allocated to WIN XP)
I just upgraded to Leopard and I am using a Sprint Wireless 595U AirCard (USB connection) which generally works very well. I am using 1.1.1 version of the software Sprint provided, called Sierra Wireless Watcher Lite to manage the wireless connection.
After the upgrade to Leopard when I only run Mac OS and not the Parallels v5160 WIN XP OS the aircard works consistently and without error. However, when I run the WIN XP SP2 virtual machine and I am communicating over the aircard the link occasionally drops after about 10 minutes of use. The actual time varies. When the link drops, in the past I would go back to the Mac OS and reconnect to the Sprint network. Now, when I go back and attempt to reconnect the Mac OS says that the modem has lost its connection. The only way I have found to reconnect is to reboot the Mac. So closing the VM doesn't seem to clear the problem.
The wireless card is running in the Mac OS, I have not allowed the WIN XP session to own the device
So I don't have 100% confidence that this is purely a Parallels issue but I am writing this thread while using the Sprint EVDO network and the connection is rock solid BUT the Parallels WIN XP session is not running. If the WIN XP session was running I probably would have lost the connection by now and would have to reboot the Mac OS to reconnect.
Running on a Macbook Pro Core Duo (32bit) w 10.5 Mac OS, 2G RAM (512MB allocated to WIN XP)