Let users on legacy macOS download PD that works for them

Agree, but also importantly the legacy software needs to have the activation system removed; if you are using a legacy OS which in my case is macOS Catalina, then at some point its root certificates will go out of date preventing server communication, and it's not a good idea to have an old non supported operating system connecting to the internet due to the unavailability of security patches (although in my case Catalina is still supported but won't be forever!).

For my legacy virtualisation needs I had to migrate away from Parallels to VirtualBox, and that way I can keep my legacy appliances running for as long as I can keep the old hardware working. I would have preferred to be able to stay on an older version of Parallels indefinitely so this gets my vote.
 
The Parallels Desktop installer now supports up to 6 macOS versions and if the latest major version of the Parallels Desktop no longer supports host macOS version, downloads previous version. License keys also support activating previous major versions of the product.
 
Back
Top