Lightroom Can't Read From a Network Drive

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterK43, Sep 24, 2020.

1. PeterK43

PeterK43 Bit poster

Parallels 13
    macOS Catalina
    Lightroom 6

I just installed Lightroom in parallels. However, when trying to open the catalog file, I get this msg: "Lightroom cannot launch with this catalog. It is either on a network volume or on a volume on which Lightroom cannot save changes."
    Is there a fix for this?

2. Hello, Parallels Desktop 13 doesn't compatible with macOS Catalina.
    Please check this KB article for more information.
    Could yo please test the same behavior with Parallels Desktop 16 and provide us with any results.
    You can test it during the 14 days trial period.

3. PeterK43

PeterK43 Bit poster

Well, I got it running. Discovered I could create a catalog file within C:\, and repoint it to the original photo locations, and it all works file.

Parallels 13 seems to be working more or less okay in Catalina. I have noticed one or two glitchy things; when switching between apps it sometimes switches to macOS, and I have to switch it back. I'd love to test v16, but don't want to install then uninstall and reinstall 13!

4. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us and other users.
    Unfortunately in order to test Parallels Desktop 16 you need to install new version (and uninstall Parallels Desktop 13)
    If you decide to test the newest version and then install Parallels Desktop 13 again, please use this link to download Parallels Desktop 13
    Also please do not forget to make a backup copy if you're continue using 13 version on macOS 10.15.

5. PeterK43

PeterK43 Bit poster

I'll probably wait for Big Sur before I upgrade; seems to be working fine for the moment. Thanks for your help, Maria!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. Thank you for your reply!
    Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.