Likely resource leak in Parallels tools in Coherence ??

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HonzaIl, Jul 5, 2016.

1. HonzaIl

HonzaIl Member

Hello,

after very long time searching for source of my mouse problems I think I have identified the culprit. I hope this is way to pass it to Parallels developers.
    My system: desktop mac with bluetooth Apple mouse (few different Apple mice tested, even the very new one with BT4). Running 24/7 (entertainment center, never sleeps, restarted may be once/month) with Parallels running 24/7 Windows 7 VM in Coherence mode. Parallels 11.... - latest version, checked today...
    Symptom: bluetooth (Apple) mouse starts moving erratically when moved. Seems to stutter and have challenge to move smoothly. Difficult to hit a specific place on the screen. Seems getting worse with time, becoming more and more difficult to use mouse in OSX.
    Problem source : likely related to Parallels running in Coherence mode for long time. Driver/mouse handling memory/resources leak?
    Notes:
    Does not happen without Parallels running - mouse behaves fine, smoothly, no problems.
    Does not happen for at least first 48 hours, may be longer, after start of Parallels - mouse behaves fine, smoothly, no problems. Recently noticed after close to 3 days uptime.
    After some time (more than 48 hours, may be few days) mouse start "stuttering" when moved on the screen and precision becomes problem.
    Does not happen when any VM (Windows) program is up (i.e., works fine in Windows), only when all Windows programs are minimized.
    Keeps happening while Parallels VM is suspended, if Parallels are running.
    Stops happening when Parallels are quit - no matter if VM is suspended or powered down.
    After restart of Parallels (no need for Mac restart) does not happen for long time again - something got reset? Does not matter in VM is suspended or shut down (limited testing)
    This is really tough to test/check as the tests are spaced by multiple days and there is no quantitative way to check for this. And computer is in use by other family members who may impact the testing a bit by their actions.
    Anyone has suggestions how to fix this? Can moderators pass this to development team, please?

2. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi Honzall, follow the steps given below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop for Mac and uninstall it from Mac > Applications using PDRemove.
    2. Go to Disk Utility > Run First Aid.
    3. Restart Mac.
    4. Install Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac using this link.
    5. Install Parallels Tools and check if the issue is resolved.