Linux Client help

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by fbifido, Nov 28, 2006.

1. fbifido

fbifido Guest

Hi,

I installed Windows 2003 Server with Terminal services
    then installed & Registered 100 CAL(?)
    then installed Novel Netware client 4.xx
    then installed 2x ApplicationServer 4.1
    then installed office 2007 pro & registered it.
    all on the same machine.

The Remote Desktop Client work for windows workstartions (win2000pro), i use a user call test with password "password" and rights = user. just one thing, why do i have to login 2 time, or more because novell need login too.

The 2x Client for windows work (win2000pro), i had to make test rights = administrator for the programs to start on the workstation.

How to i get the linux client to work.
    I can ping the terminal server, and when i execute the ./app?? command/script it just give me back the prompt, no 2x window open, no login screen, nothing.

is there a gui for linux client?

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Regarding logging in twice, you are right this is due to the fact that you have Novell installed, I suggest you set the autologon on the client, at least the windows logon should automatically logon.

It seams that your Linux client is not compatible with 2x ApplicationServer 4.1, this new Linux client should be out by the end of this week. To solve the issue with the old client you need to set the client to connect with the 2x ApplicationServer SPECIFYING the port of the 2X Client Gateway (Default port 80)

Could you give us more details regarding the 2x Client for windows that needs administrator rights to start on the workstation.

Regards,

Nixu

3. marvin

marvin Guest

I have a similiar problem: I can only get an app if I run the programm with -s server *and* -a appname. Without the name of the published application, I get nothing.
    No error, and I'd really like the application to tell me why it won't run.

4. nixu

nixu Guest

The application name is a must....

If you need to publish a full desktop, Publish a desktop from the 2X Consolle and call it eg "MyDesktop" and from the client pass the application name as "MyDesktop".

Nixu

5. marvin

marvin Guest

I know that the application name is a must under Linux. But it is incosistent, as you use the Linux-client in a completly different way than the windows client.
    The windows client shows you what applications are available, whereas the linux client doesn't.
    What really bugs me is the lack of error-messages. If the "-a" switch is mandatory, why doesn't the program complain but simply exits instead? Every (non-broken) unix-tool I use tells me if I invoke it incorrectly.

6. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

Yes, the -a option is mandatory when using the -s option. Excuse the oversight by not returning an error code.

You can pass the "-o 2" option which gives you both a exit return code as well as a meaningfull error message in English.

7. geoffreys1

geoffreys1 Forum Maven

To get the Application list you can run the following:

Code:
    appserverclient -m AL -s <servername> -u <username> -p <password> | grep -e "<InName>" | sed -e "s/\t//g" -e"s/<[^>]*>//g"
    The above command parses the xml file, which is returned by the client with the -m AL option, to pick up the application name and remove tags and tabs. Th final result is a list of applications.

8. marvin

marvin Guest

OK, thanks for the info.
    But you probably agree, that this is unfortunatly not as userfriendly as the windows client :)