linux document server on mac os X?

MathewJ

Bit poster
Hi all,

I presently use parallels on my mac to run and edit windows only documents and applications.
I want to expand this and make a virtual document server hosted on my mac but is a seperate.
Ive tried installing the OS and that works successfully and the virtual OS can access the internet / network. However I cant seem to access this virtual server from any computer on my network.

After playing with the port forwarding settings - unsuccesssfully im running out of ideas.. Is there documentation somewhere that explains how I can achieve setting up a virtual server and then accessing it.

Thanks,
Mathew
 
If you use Bridged Networking then your virtual machine will behave like a computer on the same network as your Mac.

If you use Shared Networking, then you will need to set port forwarding using the Shared Networking preferences at
Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Network: Change settings... -> Shared.
 
Back
Top