I have 2 virtual machines with Ubuntu 20.04, both were converted from VMWare.
They work well, however, approximately once in a day or two, at random moments, without any apparent reason, not linked to some specific actions, a massive file system corruption happens. Linux hangs, a lot of errors on the root filesystem is reported in dmesg, and the VM becomes unbootable until reverted to a good snapshot.
The issue never happened with these VMs on VMWare. I checked the filesystems after conversion from vmware to parallels images to make sure there are no errors.
This does not seem to happen with Windows VMs converted from VMWare.
Please let me know which data I can gather to diagnose the issue.
I was going to purchase a subscription to parallels but this issue unfortunately makes it unusable for me.
They work well, however, approximately once in a day or two, at random moments, without any apparent reason, not linked to some specific actions, a massive file system corruption happens. Linux hangs, a lot of errors on the root filesystem is reported in dmesg, and the VM becomes unbootable until reverted to a good snapshot.
The issue never happened with these VMs on VMWare. I checked the filesystems after conversion from vmware to parallels images to make sure there are no errors.
This does not seem to happen with Windows VMs converted from VMWare.
Please let me know which data I can gather to diagnose the issue.
I was going to purchase a subscription to parallels but this issue unfortunately makes it unusable for me.