1. DrDaKine

DrDaKine Bit poster

Just upgraded to Lion for Mac and can't open Parallel Desktop (Build 7.0.15054
    (Revision 722853; December 16, 2011). When I try to open it, I get this series of messages:

Problem ID 507: Your virtual machine may run slow because virtualization support is disabled on your Mac.
    For optimal performance, please enable hardware virtualization support in your Mac's firmware.

Problem ID 352: Unable to load the Parallels driver. Restart your Mac and try again.

Problem ID 41: n unexpected error occurred while starting the virtual machine. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

There's undoubtedly a thread on this. If someone can direct me to it, I'd much appreciate.
    Ron

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

[1] Make sure you have the installer (.dmg) for the latest version of PDM 7, download from the links in my signature if you don't have it.

[2] Run Permissions Repair from the Disk Utility.app.

[3] Open the PDM 7 .dmg from step [1] and run the uninstaller, it will not delete your VMs (or settings, unless you specifically allow it to via a check box).

[4] Now reinstall PDM6 again (from step [1]).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. npalombo

npalombo Bit poster

I ran into this exact same error today. My VMs were all working today. Then I ran the Apple Software Update in install 10.7.4. After that, Problem ID 507, Problem ID 352, Problem ID 41 on all my Windows and Linux VMs .

I followed your instructions to repair permissions, uninstall Parallels, and reinstall the latest. But I still have this error.

I will open a support request. I just wanted to leave this note here in case anyone else has the same problem.

4. walrusl

walrusl Bit poster

I've got the same problem...

has anyone fixed it?!

5. JanosX

JanosX Bit poster

Same here.... Same error codes. I have downed the most recent installer, repaired permissions, reinstalled and still no go. Mine is a fresh install. I tried linking to a boot camp partition & setting up a new install... no go on either.

I am on 10.8, but seeing as I am receiving the exact same codes I'm hoping it's not an OS incompatibility...