Local Drive Mapping issue in Published application

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Mandar Kulkarni, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hi Team,

Am trying to publish a dos based application using 2X. The application is working fine after publishing, however if i want to save/export any data from this application to the local machine am not able to do so.

As its a Dos based application, i dont hv the "Save/Save As" dialog box. I have to enter the local machine path manually.

Can some one tell me how the local dirve mapping works in 2X as compared to Citrix? Citrix maps the local drives as V: for C drive and so on?

Thanks in advance
    Mandar

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

2X Application server does not create any drive mappings.

What you can do is enbale Drive redirection and create a script so that when the user logs on the user's redirected drive gets mapped to the drive letter you want.

Nixu

3. Hi Nixu,

Thanks for the reply, will it be possible for you to give some sample scripts using which we can do the drive redirection?

Thanks in advance

Mandar

4. dwitcombe

dwitcombe Guest

yes please, that would be helpful

hi, i too would benefit from an example script. i have a client machine which i would like to upload to the server some files. have not been able to go client to server yet, although server to client is fine. thanks. don

5. nixu

nixu Guest

RDP does not have drive redirection from the client to the server. Drive redirection allows user on the TS to see their local drives.

Re the Srcripts i am 100% sure you can find a couple on the net.

Nixu

6. dwitcombe

dwitcombe Guest

thanks for the reply, however..

can you tell me how i can copy files from my client to the server, or is it not possible.
    thanks for the quick response and for this excellent forum. don

7. nixu

nixu Guest

If you enable disk drive redirection on the client you can see you local drives on the Termianl server listed near the drives of the TS.

Nixu

8. dwitcombe

dwitcombe Guest

sorry to be a pain. but...

hi again,

i think i may have confused things, i need to upload files from the client to the server, but i need to do it from the client and not from the server, is this possible?
    thanks yet again,
    don

9. nixu

nixu Guest

No RDP does not have this feature.

What you can do is to access your sever from the client through SMB, eg \\myserver\folderA\

Nixu

10. Sergei

Sergei Guest

Hello,
    Here is an example of script (just a basic one) how to map a folder upon login

11. DaemonB

DaemonB Guest

Were having the same issue.

But what we ended up doing is to map a WebDAV drive to the data store and then map back the client filesystem through 2X. This lets you access the data on your server seamlessly from a local app or a 2X app.