Local Samba Connection Broken After PD17? [FIXED]

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Donovan2, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Donovan2

Donovan2 Bit poster

I was so ready to upgrade to PD17 after reading that there's finally audio support for linux, so i did. Come to find out that samba shares no longer works. It's not a password issue because i have the shortcut to the folder in my finder sidebar on mac. So i never have to worry about that. After upgrading i click on that folder and now it prompts me for credentials... I updated all packages running on Ubuntu 20.04.2, verified the samba service was running, even restarted the service and still nothing. I tested the samba connection on my main home server and it works connecting to that, but any OS on my mac can't connect to the server running on my mac. I don't see any error messages in syslog. Has anyone else ran into this?

2. Donovan2

Donovan2 Bit poster

After reviewing the logs again, I noticed something that was quite off. Apparently with the new installation, it reset the time and date to a future time and date. Upon research I had to download and install ntpdate and then executed: sudo ntpdate ntp.ubuntu.com to get that corrected. Everything is working fine now.

(GalaxyMaster) likes this.