Locked out of my Parallels account due to "Your product activation key reached its activation limit"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AlexW10, Aug 10, 2019.

1. AlexW10

AlexW10 Bit poster

I moved my system, on an external drive, to a new Mac.

I was surprised to find that parallels stopped working.

"Your product activation key reached its activation limit."

There is evidently no way to solve this in an automated fashion. I am hoping to use the software that I purchased.

I cannot deactivate parallels on the old computer, because the system is now on a new computer.

I did not anticipate having to go through all of my software and deactivate licenses before moving the hard drive to the new computer.

2. @AlexW10, I've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key, please try to activate it again and let us know how it works.

3. AlexW10

AlexW10 Bit poster

Hi,

I have unfortunately gotten the exact same error: "Your product activation key reached its activation limit." This is for my copy of "Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac."

It does not appear that the license reset worked. I have attached an image of what I am seeing here, with the activation key blacked out.

I do not appear to have any way to deactivate my copy on other computers, and am still locked out.

I am considering also upgrading to the newest version of Parallels, but I would need to have my current copy work properly first.

I find it very frustrating that there is no automated way to reset the license of this software, although I understand that customer service is an expensive recurring cost.

Attached Files:

4. AlexW10

AlexW10 Bit poster

Interestingly, I was able to solve my issue with the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" . I'm not really sure why that terminal command fixed it, but it did.

Maria@Parallels likes this.