Losing my shared WIFI connection

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GeorgeZ1, Oct 17, 2017.

1. GeorgeZ1

GeorgeZ1 Bit poster

Anyone else experiencing an issue where the wifi drops from within the Windows 10 Guest OS within 5-10 mins after starting up the VM. The internet connection is not longer available whilst the Mac side still has a wifi connection and allows browsing via safari is fine. Has started happening for about a week now.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @GeorgeZ1, you may try this setting in Windows 10 virtual machine:
    Control panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Wireless adaptor settings > Power saving mode = Maximum Performance

3. GeorgeZ1

GeorgeZ1 Bit poster

Thanks @PaulChris@Parallels. Checked my settings and Wireless Adaptor settings is set to Max Perf. Rebooted and tested again and still getting no internet access.

4. GeorgeZ1

GeorgeZ1 Bit poster

Reapplied Parallels for Desktop 12 and still encountering same issue. Is there logging I can look at that might give me a clue?

5. GeorgeZ1

GeorgeZ1 Bit poster

OK PD12 has same issue. Back to PD13 and found this. Why is Npcap Loopback Adapter losing its IP Configuration?

Attached Files:

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Check which network adapter is selected under VM Configuration > Hardware > Network > Advanced settings. Try changing the adapter and check if the issue persists.

7. GeorgeZ1

GeorgeZ1 Bit poster

Thanks Ajith. That seems to have fixed the issue. Will monitor but working well now.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach anytime if the issue reoccurs or if you have other questions.