emco_graphics
Bit poster
I have run into an issue where after some patches were installed, and I rebooted both my computer and virtual machine I am greeted with the initial setup and install window?
I am using Parallels for Mac 3.0, Build 5608 on a MacBook Pro, with 2GB of RAM, and a 160GB HD. I run Parallels simultaneously with Mac side, particularly with 2 or 3 pieces of Adobe CS3 running.
The problem happened after a couple of Service Pack updates pushed to my VM from my company's IT deployment over my VPN. The updates ran, updated and rebooted the system. After the second patch ran the VM was running incredibly slow, so I quit Parallels, and rebooted the MacBook Pro. When I was rebooted and up and running again, I launched Parallels only to be greeted with the installation / startup screen, as though I'd never installed.
Roughly the same thing happened about 4 weeks ago, when I wasted 4 days doing clean reinstalls about 3 times in a row before I got something to work. Since then, while slow it has been working fine.
The XP I am running is a custom VM that is deployed by the EDS for my company.
Admittedly my knowledge and strength is on the Mac side and I am at a loss what to do. And I absolutely do not want to waste another couple of days re-installing from scratch again, if this is only going to happen again down the road.
This is getting so frustrating that I am considering uninstalling Parallels, and just using the corporate Webmail. As all I use it for is the VPN connection to the corporate Outlook Mail.
I am using Parallels for Mac 3.0, Build 5608 on a MacBook Pro, with 2GB of RAM, and a 160GB HD. I run Parallels simultaneously with Mac side, particularly with 2 or 3 pieces of Adobe CS3 running.
The problem happened after a couple of Service Pack updates pushed to my VM from my company's IT deployment over my VPN. The updates ran, updated and rebooted the system. After the second patch ran the VM was running incredibly slow, so I quit Parallels, and rebooted the MacBook Pro. When I was rebooted and up and running again, I launched Parallels only to be greeted with the installation / startup screen, as though I'd never installed.
Roughly the same thing happened about 4 weeks ago, when I wasted 4 days doing clean reinstalls about 3 times in a row before I got something to work. Since then, while slow it has been working fine.
The XP I am running is a custom VM that is deployed by the EDS for my company.
Admittedly my knowledge and strength is on the Mac side and I am at a loss what to do. And I absolutely do not want to waste another couple of days re-installing from scratch again, if this is only going to happen again down the road.
This is getting so frustrating that I am considering uninstalling Parallels, and just using the corporate Webmail. As all I use it for is the VPN connection to the corporate Outlook Mail.