MAC addresses on virtual network adapter

When creating multiple VM's I often have multiple mac address conflicts.... where on real network interface you can have ip conflicts, u have conflicting mac addresses wit the virtual network adapter(s).

I understand Parallels use unique MAC addresses which is completely different from any "physical" Mac address. Why would this conflict also be a problem with virtual nic's too? Surly, because its "virtual", Parallels could look at any vms (active or inactive), and see their Mac addresses. Then assign the new vm a new mac address without notifying the user of this.
 
By default, I always user the default which is Shared Networking.. all my vm's are (10.211.55.x). I backed all my vm's up this way to.

Would this be a problem, if I say copied the same VM over then renamed it ?
 
If you are using these copied VMs on different Macs with Shared Networking then MAC-address should not be the issue.

Anyway, when you are adding the VM, the PD should ask "whether this machine was moved or copied" and if an answer is "copied", then PD should regenerate the MAC-address for the VM's network card
 
Back
Top