Mac Home Folder and Network sharing- How to disable?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AlexandreL1, Oct 31, 2016.

1. AlexandreL1

AlexandreL1 Bit poster

Hello!

I have been using Parallels desktop for a while, and unknowingly my Windows 7 VM had access to my macOS whole system the entire time.
    Apparently, in the Computer folder (Windows) there're three drives, Drive C (Windows), Desktop Y (macOS) and Home Z (macOS). I do want share my desktop but I didn't know that everything was being shared. Also, my Mac shows on Network Sharing.

I don't want my whole macOS system to be shared, just the desktop. If I could isolate my Mac and only share the desktop it'd be great. I have gone through the forums and every setting possible but just can't seem to get it working the way I want to.

After trying to delete a file through any of these folders I realized they can indeed be deleted, permanently deleted that is. Since I use this machine as a crapware platform I'm not that interested in anything that may happen to it to affect my Mac as well, but it's also useful to be able to share some files occasionally.

So I guess my question is how to share only my desktop, no Network Sharing or Home folder sharing.

Thanks!

2. AlexandreL1

AlexandreL1 Bit poster

I should also mention that I disabled them from Windows, by disabling Network Discovery, but I'd prefer it wasn't at all accessible to the VM, disabling it with Parallels.

3. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @AlexandreL1,
    To disable file sharing between Windows virtual machine and Mac, please follow the steps.
    Adding custom folders in Parallels Desktop, click here for steps.