Mac Home Folder and Network sharing- How to disable?

AlexandreL1

Bit poster
Hello!

I have been using Parallels desktop for a while, and unknowingly my Windows 7 VM had access to my macOS whole system the entire time.
Apparently, in the Computer folder (Windows) there're three drives, Drive C (Windows), Desktop Y (macOS) and Home Z (macOS). I do want share my desktop but I didn't know that everything was being shared. Also, my Mac shows on Network Sharing.

I don't want my whole macOS system to be shared, just the desktop. If I could isolate my Mac and only share the desktop it'd be great. I have gone through the forums and every setting possible but just can't seem to get it working the way I want to.

After trying to delete a file through any of these folders I realized they can indeed be deleted, permanently deleted that is. Since I use this machine as a crapware platform I'm not that interested in anything that may happen to it to affect my Mac as well, but it's also useful to be able to share some files occasionally.

So I guess my question is how to share only my desktop, no Network Sharing or Home folder sharing.

Thanks!
 
I should also mention that I disabled them from Windows, by disabling Network Discovery, but I'd prefer it wasn't at all accessible to the VM, disabling it with Parallels.
 
Back
Top