My Mac has rebooted mysteriously several times per day since installing Parallels 14 a week ago, mostly when recovering from sleep whilst guest Win7 VM is running. It happens in Coherence mode and standard mode. And it is a full bare metal reboot of the host OS with no warning whatsoever.
I'm running a fairly locked down corporate standard image Win 7 install, which I created under Parallels 12.
My Mac is a fairly ancient (3 y.o.) MacPro Retina 2015 13 inch with 8GB RAM, 2.7GHz i5 CPU and Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB (presumably shared memory).
And i'm running two external monitors 1080p monitors, plus the Mac screen in 'Default for display' resolution. Graphics performance seems fine.
I've run the sp_correct.reg fix using elevated privileges, which fixed the message about shared folders. And I increased RAM available to the VM to 4GB (from 3GB). Its been more stable since taking these actions an hour or so again, but I thought it worthwhile posting here to determine whether i'm a uniquely unlucky user, or whether this is a common issue. I couldn't find anything in the forums or help site under the search term 'host unstable'.
I'm running a fairly locked down corporate standard image Win 7 install, which I created under Parallels 12.
My Mac is a fairly ancient (3 y.o.) MacPro Retina 2015 13 inch with 8GB RAM, 2.7GHz i5 CPU and Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536MB (presumably shared memory).
And i'm running two external monitors 1080p monitors, plus the Mac screen in 'Default for display' resolution. Graphics performance seems fine.
I've run the sp_correct.reg fix using elevated privileges, which fixed the message about shared folders. And I increased RAM available to the VM to 4GB (from 3GB). Its been more stable since taking these actions an hour or so again, but I thought it worthwhile posting here to determine whether i'm a uniquely unlucky user, or whether this is a common issue. I couldn't find anything in the forums or help site under the search term 'host unstable'.