Mac Login Screen is hidden behind an inaccessible window

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by LorenE1, Jul 10, 2021.

1. LorenE1

LorenE1 Bit poster

Parallels has somehow created an overlayed window that blocks viewing my login username and password entry on Mac login. I also can't access my system preferences. It opens, but the window it opens into is invisible and inaccessible.

I tried to get support from Parallels but their support is atrocious. I contacted them on all their channels and have not heard back, going on 5 days waiting. Tried calling and chat support numerous times. Nothing.

I decided that I'm not going to use this software, so I deleted my VM and Parallels per their directions. I am still having this window overalay issue. Every time my mac goes to sleep I have to restart it to access the login screen, otherwise it's just hidden. Because I also can't access system preferences to change my sleep settings. Whenever I try to click on the blank screens I get a windows misclick/error sound. Why is Windows even causing this disruption when I installed Parallels?
    Hopefully, it's just something easy that I'm missing. Thanks for reading.

2. LorenE1

LorenE1 Bit poster

Correct, when I *uninstalled parallels.