Mac music apps and Windows Freestyler DMX controller

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by xp989, Mar 20, 2017.

1. xp989

xp989 Bit poster

Hi,
    Im a musician and im using windows Freestyler DMX Light control program to control my lights,.. using midi comands/notes and keyboard Function keys

I also have a MacBook pro and im using it for music apps like Kontakt, Logic and Mainstage, and also to view my Lyrics selecting them via via midi also.... i wonder if anyone knows if i can install windows xp or Windows 7 on my macbook pro and use with Parallels but .... i need to have access to both systems at same time ! my keyboard needs mac OS to get the sounds and Windows OS to send the midi notes to Freestyler DMX in Windows...
    My doubt is if my macbook pro with parallels and windows will be accessible on both OS's at same time or do i have to select Windows program ( Freestyler DMX ) to get access to it and than Mac program to access ( Mainstage, Logic, etc)

Sorry for my limmited english , i hope someone understand my needs and can tell me so i decide to purchase Parallels or not...

Best regards to all,

Xp98 :)

2. xp989

xp989 Bit poster

Any help please ?

3. @xp989 Hi, you can use Mac and Windows at the same time. You can start your VM in Coherence mode and open your Windows apps like a Mac application. Please find more info about Coherence here

4. Please let us know if it's not that case, we will be glad to help you.