Mac OS Big Sur/parallels 16.1.1: don't connect usb external devices

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by ErricoM, Dec 4, 2020.

1. BlazM

BlazM Bit Poster

Well, in my case I was using USB smart card reader and smart card and it worked. When the USB reader was first connected to VM, Parallels displayed notification that the device was not connected to VM, however device was not visible under VM | System Report | Hardware | USB. Then (with USB device "connected"), I restarted the VM and USB smart card reader was now visible and usable in VM.
    So (at least) external HDDs and USB smart card readers (tested with Gemalto IDBridge CT30 and ACS ACR39U-N1) work.

marcossilveria, MichalK8 and MattO6 like this.
  2. MarceloF3

MarceloF3 Bit Poster

Unfortunately I am not so lucky. My USB device for managing my cryptocurrencies is not recognized within the Virtual machine.

3. MichalK8

MichalK8 Bit Poster

I get this message ... but the windows (parallels) sees the reader.. any thoughts?

Attached Files:

4. MarceloF3

MarceloF3 Bit Poster

Exactly, I can't get many of my devices to be detected within Paralles. I changed my solution from VMware to this one, but here I have this problem with USB devices. With VMware, no network adapter works inside the virtual machine, already here at Paralles, however, not all USB devices work.

5. paolop1

paolop1

Working for me. 16.1.2 & Big Sur

6. TasagoreS

TasagoreS Bit Poster

That's only works for USB Drives, try to connect, for example, a RS232 to USB adapter and it will not work.