Mac OS crashes when going full screen mode

nguyen1

Bit poster
For information, I am using late 2016 MacbookPro 13".

When parallels is open, I am unable to make any other Mac applications to go to full screen (when clicking on the green icon).
Also I am able to create a VM from an existing bootcamp instance. However, after a reboot, Parallels keep on crashing.

Is it a known issue? Is there a fix for that? When closing parallels, the full screen mode works again.
 
Hi @nguyen1 please check out the instructions listed below to fix this issue:
1. Remove all the Apple applications from Windows VM.
2. Change 3D Acceleration from: Virtual Machine Menu -> Configure -> Hardware -> Graphics -> Advanced Settings- 3D Acceleration -> change DirectX10 to DirectX9.
 
Hi

Currently I don't even have a VM in Parallels. What I did since the beginning was the following:
-Creating a new VM from scratch in Parallels. Full screen mode worked fine.
-Delete the VM and installing Win10 from bootcamp.
-Creating a new VM from bootcamp, also edited some Parallels config. Now Full screen mode always crashes.
-Deleting VM and Parallels, Installing it again. Full screen mode still crashes even with no VM.

I don't know what to do anymore :(
 
Back
Top