Mac OS X 10.6.6 ?

Has anybody done the upgrade to Mac OS 10.6.6 yet ? Does Parallels 6.0.11992 seems to run fine on it ?

I was about to ask the same question ;) I will not be able to test this until Friday late afternoon.. unless others report no problems.
 
Os x 10.6.6

Hi All,

I have it (10.6.6) running with Parallels 6 and it seems to be working just fine.
 
I'm having really strange issues. The Windows Explorer (Win7) is crashing and restarting on a regular basis since I upgraded to 10.6.6.
 
I'm having really strange issues. The Windows Explorer (Win7) is crashing and restarting on a regular basis since I upgraded to 10.6.6.

Same here. Using the Parallels Desktop menu 'Virtual Machine - Shutdown' I could stop it and restart it. Now explorer doesn't restart but "Windows Infrastructure" stopped working. This is Windows 7 64 bits.
 
Problem report # 7563397

Problem report #7563397
I'm also seeing Windows checking disk nearly on every boot. I guess there are virutal disk read or writes issues.
 
Last edited:
I now have re-installed Parallels 6.0.11992 on top of itself (= without first uninstalling it) and booted the 7-64 VM. Don't know if this random, but at least this boot went nicely and nothing have yet failed in the VM since logged in. I'm running a deep virus scan (not fearing anything like that, it just is that it will read a large part of the whole disk. If that must trigger inconsistencies, I might see it quicker.
 
File sharing does not seem to be working properly. Windows XP disks do not mount on the Mac desktop. Dragging files from the Mac desktop over to Windows doesn't work. However, Mac files still show up on the \\psf directory but not under My Computer.
 
Have you all Repaired Permissions on the Mac volume after the 10.6.6 update? I would try using Disk Utility (in your Applications/Utilities folder) to repair permissions on the Mac volume. You should do this after every OS update. I'm not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try.

Close Parallels, repair permissions, restart, and see if you still have issues.
 
The repair permissions check was one of the first steps I took. Didn't do a darn thing. This really isn't a permissions issue, though. That has more to do with the Mac filesystem and shouldn't have any impact on the stability of applications running in a VM. Either Parallels and the image file have the correct permissions or they don't. An update shouldn't cause select app within the VM to fail sometimes and not others.
...but anyway, I did try it. No joy.
 
Back
Top