Mac to Windows XP (Parallels) File 'Could not be opened' ???

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PaulC30, Jun 12, 2021.

1. PaulC30

PaulC30 Junior Member

I'm running a 2011 iMac with SSD, and 16Gb memory on High Sierra 10.13.6
    I am using Parallels Desktop Version 15.1.2 (47123) as this was the last version to support Windows XP.
    PD 16 I was told, dropped all support for XP, and I am very happy with version 15.1 and XP.

I use XP as using older legacy software with no problems

My only problem is that I want a Mac Program to open and edit WAV Audio files from Mac > Windows XP Editor?
    I am sure I had this working before.

I select on the Mac program (Ableton Live 10) which editor that I want to use, in its preferences section.
    I select the Windows .exe file (on Windows XP) no problem (Sound Forge v8.0)
    When I launch the editor from the Mac to move the file over to Parallels and Windows XP, I continually get the message :

''The Document /Volumes/3TB Drive/Audio/Sound.wav/Volumes/[C] Windows XP.hidden/Program Files/Sony/Sound Forge 8.0/Forge80.exe'' Could not be opened

Is there something I am doing wrong? maybe a file / program share setting that I haven't ticked on the Parallels settings?

I am sure I was able to do this on an older version of Parallels (v9?) and it worked.
    Do I need to change the above where it says [C] Windows XP.hidden? to 'not hidden' ???

Any help would be great!