MacOS bi sur - can't allow parallel system extension

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MeirB, Jul 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MeirB

MeirB Bit poster

In macOS big sur, parallel 15 don't work properly.
    When I try to create a new macOS big sur VM (Host is big sur as well) from recovery partition, I get the popup:

"There is no operating system installed in this virtual machine.
    To install an OS, connect a source with OS installation files, such as a CD, thumb drive, or disk image, and reset the virtual machine. For more information, see Parallels Desktop Help."

When I try to allow in Security & Privacy "Parallel International GmbH" I get from mac "Please restart massage" and simultaneously the massage "
    A program has updated system extension(s) signed by "Parallels International GmbH". To finish the update, you must approve it in the Security & Privacy System Preferences." in a loop.

The end results is, that even after I allow "Parallel International GmbH" and do restart, Parallel still can't run his system extension and still can't install big sur VM.

How can I solve this?

2. Hello,
    please check and subscribe on this KB article to get more information about the known issues with Parallels Desktop and macOS 11 Big Sur

3. jvh

jvh Member

PD 15 is working very fine on my external 32" screen, only Toolbox is failing to work properly.
    I use macOS 11 Big Sur Dev. Beta 2, and all apps (only Norton 360 fails), are working fine, even Dropbox, after they fixed te installer in a few days works fine.

4. Could you please provide us with the Parallels Toolbox issue description?

5. jvh

jvh Member

The menu item is there but clicking on it gives no result ... impossible to activate an item.
    I had previously the change menubalk activated and this does not works neither.

6. Thank you for your reply.
    Please try to click on other apps and then once again try to open Toolbox.
    Looking forward to your reply.

7. jvh

jvh Member

Does not change anything. menuitem remains unresponsive.

8. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you please collect the tech report data as described here and post the report's ID here?
    Also is it possible to record a small video of the issue with Toolbox.
    Thanks in advance for your cooperation with us.

jvh likes this.
  9. jvh

jvh Member

I made a little video, but the size, 1,4 MB is still too large to upload ...

10. jvh

jvh Member

I ave send Technical data, as requested, ID: 347268806

11. jvh

jvh Member

I've made te video even smaller ...

Attached Files:

12. jvh

jvh Member

I forgot to mention the toolbox worked again since it was last updated.
    Just the menu item does not work properly.