macOS Guest on same network as other guests

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MichaelL87, Mar 2, 2023.

1. MichaelL87

MichaelL87 Bit poster

All my non macOs guests are on the same bridge in the host (bridge100). The macOs guest create its own bridge (bridge102). Is there any way to get it to use the same bridge as the other VMs so they can be on the same network?

2. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello @MichaelL87 ,The bridge network is the Mac host network. Parallels does not create a separate subnetwork under the bridge network. This is done only on the shared network. Please reinstall Parallels Tools by referring to this knowledge base article: https://kb.parallels.com/115835 and check. Thanks.

3. MichaelL87

MichaelL87 Bit poster

The Mac host network has a number of bridges created by Parallels. One for shared, one for host-only. All my VMs with shared network are created on the bridge100 (shared) and the host-only VMs on the host-only bridge (bridge101)....
    I'm running on Ventura on a M1 MAC and I'm using the "Parallels Mac guest" and it DOES create a new bridge (bridge102) on the host network that only it uses no matter if I install (re-install) the parallels tools in the VM...

4. MichaelL87

MichaelL87 Bit poster

Ok. Maybe the same question in less technical terms.

Why are all my linux and windows VM on a shared-network 10.211.55.0/24 but my MacOs VM is on a 192.168.64.0/24 network. I want them to be on the same 10.211.55.0/24 network.

5. Lo_1

Lo_1 Bit poster

I faced the same problem after upgrade to (53606), no matter the config.ini with Network.Type=1 or =2, the bridge102 still created when the MacVM started. I want the MacVM network can be controller as before, Network.Type=1 - shared network, Network.Type=2 - bridge to the Host Mac wifi or ethernet interface.
    Please provide fix ASAP

6. LucasV8

LucasV8 Bit poster

same problem here!

7. OlivierB4

OlivierB4 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have the same problem with Parallels version 19.2.1 (don't have test before).
    Do you have found a solution? Having the macOS VMs in a different network than the Linux/Windows/... VMs make the test of network communications between them difficult.
    Thanks in advance.