Last week I upgraded my Parallels 4.0 from build 3540 to build 3810. I was running Mac OS X 10.5.5 at the time (I've since upgraded to 10.5.6). My virtual machine is a Windows XP Bootcamp partition. Since then have had two major problems with the host OS X networking...
1) The Built-in Ethernet reports that the status is "Cable Unplugged" - even if I have a cable plugged in, a known definitely good cable.
2) The WiFi network that I was connected to at the time is no longer visible from the Mac, even though it is really there. Other WiFi networks have no problem.
Since then I have tried the following:
a) rebooting many times
b) upgrading to 10.5.6
c) zapping pram
d) logging into a new user
I have also confirmed that it is not a hardware problem by booting into Boot Camp. Both the Built-in Ethernet and WiFi (to that one network) worked in bootcamp.
Any ideas?
1) The Built-in Ethernet reports that the status is "Cable Unplugged" - even if I have a cable plugged in, a known definitely good cable.
2) The WiFi network that I was connected to at the time is no longer visible from the Mac, even though it is really there. Other WiFi networks have no problem.
Since then I have tried the following:
a) rebooting many times
b) upgrading to 10.5.6
c) zapping pram
d) logging into a new user
I have also confirmed that it is not a hardware problem by booting into Boot Camp. Both the Built-in Ethernet and WiFi (to that one network) worked in bootcamp.
Any ideas?