'Make Clip' in P7

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by zappa999, Sep 8, 2011.

1. zappa999

zappa999 Bit poster

Hi,

where is the 'Make Clip' functionality gone?
    In P6 it allowed users to make a screenshot of an area in the VM - now all we got left is the 'Make Screenshot' which always copies the full VM screen.
    How can we get this back as I found it very useful?

Christian

2. STim

STim Bit poster

Christian,

Will the Cmd+Shift+3 key combo do the trick for you? If not, can you please tell us how the "Make Clip" functionality was better for you?

3. zappa999

zappa999 Bit poster

Cmd-Shift-3 creates a screen shot of the whole Guest OS screen - 'Make Clip' allowed me to select an area in the Guest OS screen which would then be available in the clipboard or I could save it as image.
    Cmd-Shift-4 still shows the selector and sounds like a screenshot is taken - but nothing is actually done.

So it seems that some of the functionality has been removed, some still exists.
    And I would prefer to have it back.

Christian

4. William-MBPro

William-MBPro Bit poster

I agree with Christian that the "Make Clip" feature was an important feature that is now missing, and one that I used often. It is much more efficient to screen clip the part of the Windows window I want to capture rather than taking a full screen shot at 1680x1050 that will need to be cropped in some other program. And with Make Clip, I could quickly take a number of screen clips while WebEx-ing with a customer, and move them to the right of my Mac screen, so I could come back to them later to prepare a document for the customer using the screen shots from the conference call.

Tim (Parallels Team) - Can you get the "Make Clip" feature restored to Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac in an upcoming hot fix or service pack?

Thanks,

William

5. mgrasdijk

mgrasdijk Bit poster

I agree with Christian and William.
    I use this Make Clip function every day as part of a software development/documentation process. I just installed PD7 and the first thing I missed was Make Clip. The alternatives (CMD-SHFT-4) are less usable because it involves a lot more handling.

So, please Parallels Team, give us our Make Clip feature back.

Thanks,
    Martin

6. terraine-jly

terraine-jly Bit poster

Make Clip in Parallels 7

Please add back the "Make Clip" feature of Parallels. It is now gone and taking an entire screenshot is not as effective.