Manage Snapshots from within the Windows VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PragmaticPraxis, Jan 2, 2017.

1. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

Is it possible to trigger SnapShot rollback from within a Windows VM, ideally with PowerShell? I have a VM that I use for software deployment validation, and it would be great to have a script that could install a bunch of stuff, set the next test to run automatically, then trigger a rollback. If the VM could autostart after a rollback I could string together hours and hours of validation testing with no user interaction required, which would be all sorts of awesome.

If that isn't possible, is AppleScript automation available? I could, if needed, have a Mac folder accessible to the VM as well, and my automation in Windows could push data to that folder that is then monitored by AppleScripe and Hazel to trigger the rollback. I gotta believe there is some sort of automation of VMs available with Parallels Desktop Pro, given the target audience.

Thanks!
    Gordon

2. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

Seriously, an expensive "Pro" VM solution and
    1: Paralleles can't be bothered to answer the damn question. And
    2: Automation seems to be completely lacking? But plenty off bubblegum bullshit affectation. Frustrating.