Mapped drives not automatically mounting

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JamesMcDowell, Nov 16, 2022.

1. JamesMcDowell

JamesMcDowell Member

Having an issue with mapped drives (using specific drive letters) not remounting after a restart.

They are showing with a red "X" through them. Clicking on them in Explorer, they open immediately and are available. The problem is that they don't work till I do that. That means that starting the VM in Coherence mode I have to open an Explorer window and manually open the drives before I can use any applications. It's simply a nuisance, but not a huge problem as everything works fine after doin that. Is there a fix or work around for this?

Attached Files:

2. SethS1

SethS1 Junior Member

I'm having the same issue. I added three drives under Sharing | Manage Folders, then mapped them. (Note I used to be able to map them without Sharing | Manage Folders, but since a Time Machine restore I can't - I get "access denied error" during mapping attempts). Any suggestions on how to resolve this annoyance? Thank you.

3. JamesMcDowell

JamesMcDowell Member

My only solution is to open them in Windows Explorer before any program tries to access them. They open immediately and stay working after that. It's not a perfect solution, but it's a work around till it gets fixed.