Mavericks DP6 breaks USB

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Thanner, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Thanner

Thanner Bit poster

It looks like Mavericks DP6 has broken the USB support.

The Client VM is Windows 7 64bit and none of the USB devices will connect to the VM.

"Unable to connect the USB device to your virtual machine" Problem ID 471

The second problem is that the Parallels VM show as "Not Responding" in the activity monitor even though its responsive and running.

2. J.C

J.C Bit poster

Same issue.

3. dmitrek

dmitrek Bit poster

Same issue, as well.

4. Dalamar

Dalamar Bit poster

Same here too. In my case the guest Os is Windows XP 32 bits, no usb device can be plugged in.
    As vmware fusion usb support works perfectly I presume this has to be with the way parallels deals with usb devices, not just "mavericks" breaking usb support due to bugs

5. WhiteHusky

WhiteHusky Bit poster

Same issue here. Particularly annoying since the Epson Scan software doesn't work under Mavericks yet, either, so was using Parallels to scan stuff, and can't any more.

6. Molitor E

Molitor E Bit poster

Nod effects Linux Client too so assume its broken everywhere with DP6.

08-23 18:59:28.541 F /Std:752:707/ Unknown PRL_RESULT code 0xf

7. DmitryI

DmitryI Bit poster

Same issue.
    Any solution?

8. HongleiW

HongleiW Bit poster

Same issue.

9. Brockpinder

Brockpinder Bit poster

Same exact issue here. On all VM sessions - XP, Win 7 64bit, Windows *.. All was working well in DP5. VM sessions are running but cannot connect any USB to any VM.

10. GrzegorzK

GrzegorzK Bit poster

Same issue.

11. drgaryk

drgaryk Member

Same issue here. No USB devices will successfully attach to any of my Windows VM's...i.e., Windows 7 x64, Windows 7 x86, Windows 8 x64.

I also noticed the "Not Responding" status on the Parallels process in Activity Monitor...very odd...

12. Thanner

Thanner Bit poster

I have not seen any response from the Parallels team. Does this require a separate Bug Ticket?

13. SamuelAu

SamuelAu Bit poster

please fix asap ! Win 7 client.

14. beta_mikecwest

beta_mikecwest Member

I don't think client matters with this issue. It's a Host issue.

15. naphta

naphta Bit poster

yes, and the tips you get when you follow the error 471 help (connect USB device to MAC first, the deconnect and reconnect to Parallells) do not work either.

I need urgent help as my usb dongle does no longer work...(yes, I should not have used beta software in the first place;-)

16. Palladion

Palladion Bit poster

I guess you are out of luck. At this point I guess you have to wait for either Apple to come out with a new DP or Parallels to come out with a fix for this.

So if you really need this functionality now, then you need to re-install Mountain Lion somewhere and get back to a non-beta setup.

Good advice for next time if you have no separate machine for beta-testing. Make a clone of your hard-drive with SuperDuper - that way you at least could boot a stable OS from an external HD for those cases where you need to. That's what I did, when I decided to put the beta on my main machine (which of course you shouldn't do in the first place, but I felt comfortable, having several backups and a clone of my OS HD via SuperDuper). I now have only one program that doesn't run with Mavericks which I need only once a month. What I do is boot then from my cloned HD into Mountain Lion. Works great.

17. beta_mikecwest

beta_mikecwest Member

or you could re-install Mavericks with DP5. or you could rollback with Time Machine..

I just started a thirty day trial of VMWARE as a temporary measure.

18. Palladion

Palladion Bit poster

Ok i justed testest - USB works with the just released Parallels 9 and Mavericks DP6.

19. Brockpinder

Brockpinder Bit poster

Just released? Where? How?

20. Palladion

Palladion Bit poster

I started my VM today and got an announcement from Parallels for the new Version 9. In this announcement I could preorder V9 with 6 month of the new Parallel Access (btw this one is awesome).